Wednesday, September 10, 2008

rainboots, leggings and mushrooms.

I actually do love the rain. I may be one of the only people I know that does. 
Sure, I lack motivation on rainy days and desire nothing more than sleeping in, watching a late afternoon movie, and drinking more coffee than the healthy, daily amount but I do still love the rain.

I used to play in the rain. On numerous occasions. In puddles, in the crevice of the middle of the road where the rain created a waterfall, and have been known to squish my way through the woods a time or two. I wish I still did.


I even have a "rainy days" playlist, because I think there is such a particular mindset for cloudy, drizzly days that, for me, is somewhat enjoyable on occasion. 
It's been on shuffle all morning.




I desperately wanted to wear my new suede boots today but opted, instead, for the more practical option of rainboots. I slid my teal/gray/plum striped boots on over metalic silver leggings and I was ready to go.



Before I take the obligatory rainy day, mid-afternoon nap, I thought I'd share some images that the rain inspired.












These mushrooms have been sneakily growing in our front yard for a few days now. The light rain last night forced them to pop open overnight. I walked to class this morning and spotted them, almost all unfolded, shimmied between the water-beaded blades of grass.




No comments: