Monday, January 5, 2009

primark, pastries, and public transportation- arrival in London

So, I'm hereeeee!
I'm in London, arrived here Saturday around 10am, London time.
Just now getting over the jet lag a bit.
We've only been here a few days but it feels like weeks already, we've done so much with our time.
We had our first real field session today; I went out into the community I've been assigned to take pictures in and began working there for the first time. It wasn't as nerve-wracking as I thought.

Things are very expensive here, but the food is great. I've unfortunately earned the reputation of "that girl that is hooked on pastries and coffee". Which is true. What else do you do in London besides eat pastries?!
I kid.

It's wonderful here and there's so much more to report. Unfortunately, our internet hasn't been working so we've all been sharing 1000 minutes until we each get individual passwords. What that means is that we all have very limited time to spend online for the next day or two.

Pictures are coming, I promise. I've been carrying around two cameras and a phone, equipped with a camera, so I've actually surprised myself by how many photos I've made already.

Just wanted to send out a quick update!

Love and miss you all,
Alexa

No comments: